We’ve been spending a lot of time in the kitchen lately, have you? I’ve tried several new recipes, and lots of family favorites. This apple pie is a huge hit at our house. I hope you’ll enjoy it and make it a family favorite at your house!
A mix of pie and apple crips topping, this is the ultimate apple pie.
- 2 pounds Fuji or Gala apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 mandering orange- juiced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter , diced
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and pre-bake pie crust according to directions.
- Remove pie crust from oven once slightly brown.
- Reset the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl add the apple slices, orange juice, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
To make the crisp topping, mash together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, salt, oats and butter.
Add the apples to the pie dish and add the crisp topping on top before baking for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Get the Printable Recipe here: Easy Dutch Apple Pie