We are so ready for Valentine’s Day!
One of my very favorite gifts I received when my husband and I first met was a box of chocolate covered strawberries from one of those fancy retailers! How could he already know me so well to pick such a wonderful gift? I felt like such a lucky girl.
Fast forward years later, chocolate covered strawberries might still be one of my favorite treats. I’m sharing my super easy recipe so you can make them at home too!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 12 Large Strawberries
- ½ Package of White Chocolate Chips, Carob Chips, or Dark Chocolate Chips; plus 1 tbsp of contrast shade for decorating
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Sprinkles, Edible Pearls or other Edible Decorations
- Wash strawberries, patting dry or allow to air dry
- Reserve 1 tbsp of chocolate chips (for drizzling)
- Combine chocolate chips and 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl
- Heat in microwave on melt or 50% power for 1 minute, and mix; add additional 30 seconds until melted (can also add more vegetable oil for carob chips)
- Dip Strawberries, one at a time into the melted chocolate and place on cookie sheet or parchment lined tray
Repeat until all strawberries have been covered in chocolate
- Melt the reserved contrasting color, and drizzle onto the covered strawberries, or sprinkle on edible decorations
- Place strawberries into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving
Consume within 3-5 days for best taste!
These would go really well with our favorite Valentine’s Day date ideas, espeically a cozy night in with your significant other!
We love to hear from you! Share with us your favorite treats for Valentine’s Day, is it something you buy, or something you make?